Aloha! Let me start off by saying this was our longest vacation we have ever taken together. It truly felt like being in paradise for 5 days. We were so blessed with all of our flights being on time and there were no delays until we were almost home and it started raining during our layover in L.A.
I wanted to quickly mention the things we used to book our flights and hotels.
Hotel: This was a long process. We knew Hawaii resorts were expensive so of course the first thing we did was search third-party apps (Priceline, Kayak, Expedia, ect.) Almost every room we found was offering double queen beds for their discounted rate. We wanted to make sure we had a king, and of course an ocean view. I put it off for another week, and the prices jumped tremendously! I stumbled upon Agoda which I have never even heard of. I saw that they had a king bed deluxe ocean-view room at the Hyatt Regency Resort & Spa for a 30% discount and thought I was dreaming. I booked it ASAP only 2 weeks out from our vacation and didn’t have any issues at all. Totally going to use their site again in the future.
Flight: In December, we discovered the Hopper app and it is wonderful! We “watched” our flight prices for 3 weeks before booking. The app sends you a notification saying “This is the lowest price we have ever seen for your dates, you should book now!” We scored our Maui flights (no redeye) for under $900 roundtrip for the both of us! We looked at many airline sites for our dates and each time it totaled over $1,200.00.
Where We Stayed
It took a ton of research to figure out where to stay on the island. I read so many blog posts about the pros and cons of staying at an Airbnb vs. a resort. After thinking about what we really wanted during our trip we decided to go with a resort. We stayed at the Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa and it was incredible. We were on the sixth floor with a stunning view of the ocean and pool. They had penguins, exotic birds, flamingos and swans in their tropical garden! They also have water slides, waterfalls, a swim-up cave bar and more. The picture below is the bridge that takes you over the pool to the beach walk. It was truly a dream!
What I Wore
During our trip I was in a bathing suit or cover up 80% of the time. I was so thankful to be able to partner up with with a few of my favorite boutiques! Here are some pieces that I wore:
1. Pink Desert: The Ruffle Scoop One Piece In “Mango”
2. Tonic + Bubbly: Influencer High-Leg Onsie
3. Tonic + Bubbly: Queen of Pops High Waist Bikini
4. Dottie Couture: Smocked Top Maxi Dress in “Ivory”
Where We Ate
1. Kimo’s on Front Street: Happy Hour! We ate potato skins, edamame and calamari on the beach front deck. Their happy hour is from 3-5 every afternoon and if you get there during the later half you can watch the sunset.
2. MonkeyPod: After our boat ride we ate here for dinner. We shared a pizza and a salad and it was delicious.
3. Cheeseburger in Paradise: This gem is located on Front Street as well. We almost missed it! Kyle enjoyed an amazing blue cheese and bacon burger and I got the pork tacos. They have awesome brunch cocktail specials every morning until Noon.
Adventures and Activities
1. Sea Maui Sunset Whale Watching: This might have been my favorite part of the trip. If I could describe it in one word it would be romantic. There is something about being on an open catamaran sipping cocktails in Maui while watching the sunset. It was truly magical! You can check out prices and packages here.
2. Meditation/Yoga Class: Our hotel offered free classes every morning. We recently started going to yoga here in Las Vegas so we thought we would try a class while in Maui. It was awesome to learn a new meditation technique while we were there.
3. Morning Beach Walks: With the time change, we woke up around 7:30 – 8:00 a.m. every morning. Our hotel led us straight to the beach and we were able to walk to a coffee shop each morning before we got our day started. We left both of our phones behind each morning and truly enjoyed this time together.
4. Lomi Lomi Couples Massage on the Beach: Kyle says this was his favorite part. I have to admit it was pretty amazing. We booked through Spa by the Sea.
5. Pool Days: We were at the pool almost every day, even if it was just for a few hours. The cocktails were amazing and they had two happy hours every day!
Well, it’s back to reality for now. I have a feeling we will return within the next few years! Thank you so much for reading and as always feel free to reach out with any questions about our trip. Mahalo!