I started doing a Trader Joe’s haul on my Instagram stories in November and loved giving my honest opinions! I don’t get the same items every week but there are a few that I always find myself buying again and again. I underlined everything that can be found at Trader Joe’s.
Here are the items that I purchase the most:
Dinner and Lunch
- Mandarin Orange Chicken: Kyle requests this every single week. I have to space it out at least 7 days apart because we eat it SO much. You can find it in the frozen section and there is enough for 3 people if you make it with their Vegetable Spring Rolls or Fried rice (both in the frozen section also)
- BBQ Pulled Pork: The flavor is amazing and it cooks in the microwave for 4 minutes. It is found in the refrigerated section. I grab the Sesame Seed Slider buns and the Sweet Potato Fries for an easy dinner. It makes at least 8 sliders.
- Mexican Style Roasted Corn with Cotija Cheese: This is another frozen favorite of ours. It cooks on a pan for 5 minutes and comes with a packet of cotija cheese to sprinkle on top. Goes amazing as a side for tacos or Verde Chicken Enchiladas.
- Organic Minestrone Soup or Kettle Cooked Chicken Soup: I eat these for lunch a few days a week. There is about 2-3 bowls in each container and you can find them in the refrigerated section.
- Meats and Poultry – Organic Chicken Breast and Flank Steak: I put 2-3 Organic Chicken Breasts in the crockpot for 7 hours on low with some Green Dragon Sauce (Spicy!!) and shred it for chicken tacos. I grab a Flank Steak at least 2-3 times a month and pan sear it with some peppers and broccoli on the side. I’ve always been happy about the freshness of them both.
Snacks and Drinks
- Greek Yogurt Covered Pretzels: I stopped buying these for a few weeks because I ate so many that I got sick, haha! I’m sure I will buy a pack in the near future. These are on the shelves above the frozen foods.
- White Cheddar Popcorn: One of my favorite snacks. You can find it next to the chips. I’ve been wanting to try their Caramel Cheddar Popcorn as well.
- 4-Pack Lime and Lemon Sparkling Waters: The perfect bubbly flavored water.
- Gone Bananas: These are in the frozen section. They are chocolate covered banana slices that are frozen. They really hit the spot when I am craving ice cream at night or after dinner. I grab a box almost every week. They also have strawberry ones too.
- Spicy Chai Latte: I’m addicted. I’m not thrilled with the amount of sugar but I try to limit myself to making 3 a week. I warm up some Vanilla Almond Milk and add a scoop of the powder. A container makes about 8 lattes. This is also what helps me cut caffeine and saved me over $20 a week at Starbucks when I was budgeting.
- Matcha Latte: It has less sugar than the chai. I make it the same way.
- Greek Yogurt Spinach Dip: SO good with Pita Chips or Organic Blue Corn Tortilla Chips.